We are a caring community and we want you to have resources to take good care of yourself.
In our opinion “talking to a professional therapist” is not “years of talk about your youth” but it can be a nice thing to have a few talks with someone who listens to you and reflects with you on your ideas and your feelings.
If you want to talk with a coach or therapist about things like emotions, loneliness, work, addiction, sexuality etc, it is kinda nice to have a licensed therapist or coach that does not think you are weird because of your BDSM-feelings.
And of course too: recognizing your interests in BDSM can create possibilities in your life but it can also create new doubts and questions about yourself. In that case too it is preferable to talk to someone who has a basic understanding of BDSM and kink.
We know of Kink Aware Private Counselors and Therapists in Utrecht, Amsterdam, Zeist and the list is growing. Please contact Sarah for contact information at info@Laced-Up.nl.
If you are a kink aware therapist and you’d like to be part of our free confidential referral system please get in touch.
General Information sources
In our search for healthy, good information we have found the following resources.
If you‘d know of other resources or you have experience with the organizations listed, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
* www.ggznederland.nl : GGZ Nederland is the branch organisation of different institutions about mental health and addiction.
* Stichting Korrelatie: Phone 0900-1450 (€0,15 pm) Mon- Fri 9:00 – 18:00 or www.korrelatie.nl
* 113online.nl : Anonymous, free and open. You can talk 24/7 about your fear, depression and worries via phone, e-mail or chat. 0900-1130113 of www.113online.nl
* Pandora Depressielijn 0900 – 6120909 (€0,05 pm) Mon to Thu from 13.30 to 15.30 hour and 19.00 to 21.00 hour or www.stichtingpandora.nl
Alternative sexuality focused information sources
* Gay & Lesbian Switchboard for questions about LGBT (lesbian, gay, bi- and transsexual) issues. Telefoon 020-6236565 monday to fiday 12.00 – 18.00 or www.switchboard.nl
* TIC MAYDAY offers a shoulder or finding suitable help for people who are interested in BDSM or experience problems because of that. www.tic-mayday.org
Safe, Sane & Consensual BDSM is not abuse, but that does not mean that Domestic Abuse does not exist in our community. If you are in a relationship that has become abusive, help is available:
For a comprehensive list of organizations that help in cases of Domestic Abuse please go to: www.huiselijkgeweld.nl/organisaties
NOTE: Please be aware that the Laced-Up crew of volunteers are not mental health professionals. We are just folks trying to help. Let’s be clear about our limitations too, dear friends: if you are in emotional crisis please immediately get some professional help.
We have no commercial links to the organizations listed above but you have our best wishes that you find the support you need.
If you want to link to this page on your own website please do so.
Sarah & the Laced-Up Team